Monday, October 12, 2009

"It"




This might seem like a silly post, but here it goes. Christen has been learning how to write in cursive at school. She says that it is kind of hard for her. She has always had an odd pencil grip so the are working on that with her. Unlike Connor did, she has not been coming home with practice sheets for homework, so you kind of forget that she is learning cursive. One day she comes home and says, "Mom, I learned how to write my first word in cursive!" When I asked what word she said, "Let me just show you." She concentrated for a moment and then held up a piece of paper with the word "it" written ever-so-sweetly right in the middle. She was so pleased! Now I find little pieces of paper all over the house with that cute little word on it. . .just "it". It is indeed the little things in life that are the sweetest.

He fills my life with good things. Psalm 103:5

4 comments:

  1. Well....you could take a digital picture if "it" and post "it" as a picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Christen! This story jogged my memory and I remember when I learned to write "it". I can just see the word on my paper and I was so proud. I bet you are too!
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "it"! Great handwriting, Christen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little things in life like learning to write "it" are what are important!! It is so important to cherish these sweet little moments!! This is the one thing Emma REALLY wants to learn in 3rd grade!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete