Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3, 2010

March 3, 2010
You are looking at a boy who has just turned 10 years old today and is about to become a published poet! We just received word yesterday that a poem Connor wrote last November has been chosen to be published in the 2010 edition of Anthology of Poetry by Young Americans. We are so proud of his work. His face was just beaming as he read the letter out loud at his birthday-eve dinner celebration last night. The smile on his face was so big that I don't think he could have wiped it away even if he tried! Here is what he wrote:
I am thankful for my family
I am thankful for my dog,
He once got away,
Smack-dab in midday,
But we found him anyway.
I am delighted for my teachers,
For my sisters and my friends,they have the truest heart,
Impossible to part,
May this friendship never end.
(I hope you enjoy this little poem and story as much as we have.)

A Proud Poet
We review many thousands of poems each year and only the most creative of those are chosen for publication. The Anthology of Poetry is not a contest with a fixed number of winners. Instead, each entry is considered on its own merit and is selected for publication only if it meets our criteria and standards. Established in 1989, we are one of America’s oldest and most reputable publishers of students’ poetry and short stories.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the poet and his parents! I am sure everybody has been keeping a better eye on that dog. MO

    ReplyDelete