Sunday, September 13, 2009

GO METS!

Okay, here in Guilford we have this thing called Fall Ball. What a great time for baseball! The weather is perfect. It seems the folks here are also a little intense about baseball. . .interesting. He had 3 practices before the first game and Larry has been helping out with coaching which is nice for Connor. He had a game today that was just awesome, I guess. Christen and I were at Rally Day for church. (I think any game of any sort should be outlawed before 12 noon on Sundays.) Anyhow, he had an outstanding day defensively at first base catching throws from both third and shortstop to put out the batter. Then going into the bottom of the last inning the METS were down by 3 runs with Connor batting fifth. All players in front of him got on base and he came to bat with the bases loaded. He hit a rocket back to the pitcher who knocked it down and tried to throw him out at first, but Connor was safe and the three runners in front of him all came home on an error on the first baseman! The METS won 11 to 10! I think Connor proved himself to be an asset to the team today. Needless to say, he was quite pleased.
Lets play some ball.
Ready position. . .

Up to bat.

In the dugout.
Backes #12

DA COACH. . .see what I mean about intense?
(he's probably a Yankee Fan)


Who's up next?

He's looking so much older these days.

On the bench this inning.

Spectators/Fans

So, that is it in a nutshell. Thought we would share it with you.
Have a great week and send us your baseball/sport stories.

GO METS!

1 comment: